Oceania Cruises this week unveiled their Around the World in 180 days voyage, sailing onboard the Insignia which has undergone a $100 million renovation.
The Around the World in 180 Days voyage offer the trip of a lifetime, traveling more than 39,000 nautical miles across three oceans and 44 seas, Insignia will visit 100 ports of call in 44 countries. Departing from Miami on the 9th January 2021 and finish in New York City on the 9th July 2021.
“This is a landmark itinerary for Oceania Cruises. Guests sail the world with us to experience extensive and all-encompassing itineraries. This world cruise is particularly exciting; six continents, three oceans and 44 countries; it is an itinerary designed to appeal to the Kipling in all of us, matching our famous on-board luxury with personal and profound visits to the world’s most compelling destinations,” stated Bob Binder, President and CEO of Oceania Cruises.
- Six Continents
- 100 Ports
- 125 UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Three days in Yangon, Myanmar
- Three days in Istanbul, Turkey
- Additional overnight stays include Bora Bora, Cairns, Hong Kong, Saigon, Bangkok, Singapore, Mumbai, Dubai, Luxor, Jerusalem, Venice, Lisbon, Seville, and Bordeaux
Exclusive Shoreside Events
The 2021 Around the World in 180 Days includes five exclusive and distinctive shoreside events for Around the World guests.
Istanbul’s mysteries and centuries of history come to life during an evening in the ancient and ornate Binbirdirek Cistern. Guests will step back in time to the era of the Ottoman sultans while enjoying a traditional bazaar, local delicacies including Turkish coffee and of course, mesmerising entertainment.
Just outside Livorno, on the Ligurian coast, lies the famed Alpemare Beach Resort, which is owned by Andrea Bocelli and family. At this fabulous seaside resort, guests will enjoy a wine tasting and lunch amidst the glorious scenery. After lunch, the guests will retire to the family villa for a concert and performance by Andrea’s son, Matteo.
No visit to Dublin would be complete without a private performance by the exquisitely talented Riverdance troupe. The performance is held at the historic 18th-century Mansion House which is not only the official residence of the Lord Mayor of Dublin but has played host to countless luminaries including Pope John Paul II, Queen Victoria, Prince Rainier and Princess Grace of Monaco.
In Hilo, guests will be feted at the Makahimi Games at the Umauma Falls Nature Centre. Here, Hawaii’s rich heritage will be on display as athletes compete in spirited spear hurling competitions such as ̀o’ ihe or an amusing match of strength and dexterity during a haka moa fight.
In Brisbane, guests will delve into the mysteries of Australia’s Aboriginal way of life, courtesy of the Spirits of the Red Sand cultural experience. In addition to the extensive cultural immersion, guests will feast on an elaborate traditional barbeque and be treated to a festive Aboriginal show.
This historic voyage also offers a distinct array of optional Overland Tours ranging from one to three nights.
- Magical Uluru: Ayers Rock. 3 Nights.
- Magnificent Macau. 1 Night.
- Hue, Da Nang, and Hoi An. 2 Nights
- Angkor Wat. 2 Nights.
- Ancient Temples of Bagan. 1 Night.
- Taj Mahal – The Eternal Masterpiece. 3 Nights.
- Himalayan Kingdom of Nepal. 3 Nights.
- Luxor & The Pyramids. 1 Night.
- Traditional and Ancient Spain. 1 Night.
A World of Inclusions
Exceptional value has always been a hallmark of Oceania Cruises and the Around the World in 180 Days voyage offers an extraordinary array of value-rich inclusions. All guests sailing 180 days from Miami or 164 days from Los Angeles will receive:
- Choice of 70 Free shore excursions, Free beverage package, or Free $7,000 shipboard credit
- Free gratuities – a value of up to $8,200
- Free pre-cruise luxury hotel stay
- Free $1,000 Shipboard Credit per stateroom
- Free exclusive shoreside events
- Free roundtrip transfers
- Free onboard laundry services
- Free internet
- Free medical care
This is, of course, on top of Oceania Cruises’ standard included amenities:
- Free dining at all speciality restaurants
- Free and unlimited soft drinks, still and sparkling waters, cappuccinos, espressos, teas and juices
- Free shuttle service from ship to many city centres
- Free Artist Loft Workshops
For more information about Oceania Cruises, please call our Oceania experts on 03331 224466 or visit our website www.sovereigncruise.co.uk