Seabourn is one of our favourite luxury cruise lines. They are an award-winning, all inclusive luxury cruise line which has one of the most distinctive cruising styles at sea. Cruising on a Seabourn ship is unlike any other form of travel. The experience is luxurious, yet relaxed -- elegant, yet casual -- sumptuous, yet understated. Seabourn's intimate ships visit the most desirable destinations worldwide, sailing to the heart of landmark cities, as well as to hidden gems where larger vessels cannot follow. This is combined with award-winning all suite accommodation, a genuine personal service and superb dining venues.
As Seabourn's largest independent agent globally, Sovereign guarantees the very best fares on all Seabourn voyages. In addition, we are the most experienced Seabourn agent globally. We have done a lot of market research and are confident that we will quote the best fare available anywhere. However, in the unlikely event that you get a better price elsewhere please let us know, as we will not just match it, we will beat it.
Seabourn have announced that they are to build two new luxury expedition ships, after signing a letter of intent for the construction of the ships with shipbuilders T. Mariotti and Damen.
Richard Meadows, President of Seabourn said “The addition of these two new vessels will be a ground breaking moment for Seabourn and luxury travellers, who will now find a new standard of authentic yet luxurious expedition adventures in new and amazing destinations few people will ever see”. “The combination of immersive experience, fine accommodations and sumptuous amenities offered by these new ships will build on the success of our current product line up and further demonstrates our leadership as innovators as we continue offering the finest ultra-luxury cruises available”.
The 170 metre, 23,000 gross ton vessels will add capacity for Seabourn in Antarctica, the Arctic and other exotic destinations around the world. Each ship will meet PC6 Polar Class standards and will feature 132 luxurious oceanfront veranda suites with space to accommodate up to 264 guests.
The first vessel is expected to be in June 2021 and the second is anticipated in May 2022, the ships will include many features that have made the Seabourn ships so successful. Amongst the features of the new vessels will be two submarines a complement of kayaks and 24 Zodiac inflatable boats.
Seabourn will announce the design and service details for their new ships later this year. Specific details about the itineraries and booking availability will be released in early 2019. The first ship is planned to sail the Arctic in late summer of 2021, and a full winter season in Antarctica to follow.
Adventure and luxury await you aboard Seabourn
Aboard Seabourn, every desire is met promptly and with a welcoming smile. Whether it‘s a warm blanket and a cup of gourmet hot chocolate as you drift along the Norwegian Fjords or a relaxing neck massage poolside, you’ll feel that you're a member of a very exclusive club. Step aboard any one of the Seabourn yachts - Seabourn Odyssey, Seabourn Sojourn and Seabourn Quest - and you will enjoy a sophisticated and luxurious journey like no other.
On board Seabourn, the intimate setting fosters a growing camaraderie with your fellow travellers and the crew. Seabourn Odyssey, Seabourn Sojourn and Seabourn Quest accommodate just 450 guests, with a relaxed ambiance. Perhaps best of all, each Seabourn ship offers all-suite accommodations, Seabourn's signature water sports Marina, an open-bar policy serving premium wine, champagne and spirits, with menus by renowned chefs.
(Pictured above) A Penthouse Spa Suite
Seabourn has also recently further enhanced its superb luxury cruise experience by offering more overnight stays in port, more ex-UK sailings on board Seabourn Sojourn and the introduction of their decadent “Caviar in the surf” party on most Mediterranean sailings in addition to it being standard on Seabourn Caribbean sailings. Furthermore, Seabourn is now using sustainable black Ossetra Caviar on board.
Also newly introduced is the Seabourn Local Wine Programme. This will feature the finest local wines when the ships are cruising near or around South Africa, Australia, New Zealand and the Mediterranean. This will complement the new patio grill menus, which include chop house dishes and outstanding “Surf & Turf” options.
Introducing Seabourn Ovation
The new Seabourn Encore ship will be joined by her sister, Seabourn Ovation in 2018. Seabourn Ovation will be slightly larger than it‘s Odyssey class siblings, carrying 604 guests and it will be Seabourn’s first all balcony suite ships.
Similar architecture to that of the current Seabourn ships will be apparent on Seabourn Ovation. But it will feature a larger Seabourn Square. The central “wood wall” in the centre of the Seabourn Square will be lower and made of glass. New after dinner coffee and liqueur drinks menu will be offered in the Seabourn Square.
Seabourn Ovation will have the same public rooms, but in a different colour pallet. They will also have more premium suites and it will be a wider ship, with deeper suites that will allow for a larger living area.
It will also feature the signature fine-dining restaurant, The Grill by three-star Michelin chef Thomas Keller. The interior will be designed by Adam D. Tihany who will enhance the dining experience with spaces that will be distinctive to the ships, yet defined by intimate settings with an elegant and warm masculine quality.
The Grill by Thomas Keller will boast a timeless menu featuring the freshest produce from artisan purveyors, such as table-side preparations of Caesar salad and ice cream sundaes as well as a range of other steakhouse favourites like Lobster Thermidor and creamed spinach, presented a la carte. In keeping with Seabourn's all-inclusive rates, there is no additional charge to dine at The Grill.
The design will maintain Seabourn's high ratio of space per guest and enable highly personalized service by nearly one staff member per guest on board. In addition, every suite will feature a private veranda.
There is so much to look forward to with Seabourn this year and even better why not book through The Sovereign Cruise Club who guarantees the very best fares and upgrades with every Seabourn voyage? Just one warning, travelling with Seabourn and Sovereign is addictive; we promise that you will not just wish to do so only once!
Recent additions have been made to the Seabourn fleet, including:
• Expansion of Seabourn “Concerts”
• New signature Molten Brown line
• New styles of bed have been added
• Enhancement of crew experience by allowing the crew to have the same membership pins as passengers
• “Ventures” by Seabourn - up-close and personal adventures for passengers
• Local wine programme has been enhanced
• Deeper understanding to be given about UNESCO sites
• Extension of overnights in ports of call
• A new 20-member expedition team for Antarctica voyages making it a more intimate experience
• Scenic zodiac cruising in Iceland and Greenland that delivers an authentic destination experience (Kayak gear will be supplied onboard)
• Venture tracker to be added to the Seabourn website which includes postings of each Seabourn venture
• Expansion of Seabourn ventures - providing great geographic coverage
• Hired Robin West from Silversea, the man who invented the venture programme, to actually lead the Seabourn ventures
Cape Town & Kruger Park Safari Lodge
Highlights: • Robben Island and Cape Town Highlights
• Table Mountain by cable car
• 2 Game drives daily in Kruger National Park
• Singita Lebombo all-inclusive resort
UNESCO India's Golden Triangle
The Taj Mahal & Jaipur
Highlights: • Delhi Touring & Dinner with Renowned Indian Family
• Agra Fort, Taj Mahal
• Jaipur - Jantar Mantar, City Palace, Amber Fort & Champagne Breakfast Elephant Safari
Yangon, Bagan's Temples & Inle Lake
Highlights: Visit Shwedagon Pagoda & take part in the lighting of 1000 special oil lamps that help illuminate this impressive structure
• Hot air balloon ride over Bagan - a breath-taking experience
• Sponsor & participate in the Novitiation Ceremony of a 12yr old Burmese boy
• Touring the villages on Inle Lake & half day cooking class with Shan Chef
Phnom Penh & The Temples of Angkor
Highlights: Sunrise viewing of Angkor Wat and Helicopter over Angkor Wat
• Khmer Rouge, or the “Killing Fields” and Tuol Sleng Museum
• Siem Reap and the Cambodia Clean Water Project
• Private cooking class with a Khmer Chef
UNESCO Treasure of China
Beijing, X'ian & Hong Kong
Highlights: National Guide
• Peking Duck Dinner
• Tai Chi Class at the Temple of Heaven
• Beijing touring including: Temple of Heaven, Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Hutong Tour, Olympic Village (photo stop)
• Great Wall Tour - Cable Car ride up & toboggan down
• Terra Cotta Warrior Museum tour
• Xi'an Great Mosque & Muslim quarter tour
• Hong Kong City Tour including Victoria Peak
The Red Centre & Great Barrier Reef
Highlights: Uluru Sunset on a camel ride and helicopter flightseeing
• Sounds of Silence dinner with digeridoo performance and star talk
• Thala Beach Nature Reserve offers rangers and guides to share onsite nature and garden walks
• Daintree Rainforest Tour
• Great Barrier Reef tour on a luxury catamaran
UNESCO Splendours of Peru
Lima, Cuzco & Machu Picchu
Highlights: Lima City Tour including Casa Aliaga & Casa Luna Mansions
• Cusco touring including Sacsayhuman
• Andean community interaction
• Hiram Bingham Train to Machu Picchu
• Hiram Bingham Train to Cusco
UNESCO South America
Rio, Iguazu Falls & Buenos Aires
Highlights: Highlights of Rio
• Both sides of the Falls - Brazil & Argentina
• Helicopter Ride over the falls
• Buenos Aires Touring
• Dinner & Tango Show
Highlights: Flightseeing - Talkeetna to Anchorage
• Full Day Tundra Wilderness Tour of Denali
• Day at leisure to explore Denali
• Domed rail from Anchorage to Denali
South Pole Quest
Highlights: Fly in a private jet to Antarctica for 6 nights (weather dependent)
• Step on the Antarctic continent - Explore Union Glacier
• Sightseeing in Punta Arenas with overnight at Cabo de Hornos
• Enjoy Santiago with overnight stays at W hotel
Caribbean Yacht Harbors
Amazon & Atlantic Isles
Arabian Gems & Holy Land