Renowned and respected Crystal Cruises offers an all-inclusive luxury experience accentuated by exquisite cuisine, including complimentary specialty dining at Prego and Nobu Matsuhisa's only sea-going restaurants Umi Uma & Sushi Bar; engaging enrichment at the Creative Learning Institute® and Computer University@Sea® ; lavish production shows and intimate piano bars and beautifully appointed staterooms and suites, most with private veranda.
The team at Sovereign have been travelling with Crystal Cruises around the globe for over the last 20 years. Sovereign‘s Managing Director, Stefan Shillito, is a huge fan of Crystal and has travelled with them on many occasions. Stefan is best place to sum up why Sovereign is very proud to represent Crystal Cruises, “Whilst at Sovereign we are very privileged to sell the very best of the best travel experiences around the globe, for us Crystal Cruises stands out. This is because we have always admired Crystal’s unique approach to product development. They are not a brand that has expanded quickly, which can sometimes lead to a dip in service standards. Rather, Crystal has taken the time to diligently review every aspect of the experience that they provide to the luxury traveller. They have then done their very best to enhance and refine every aspect of the Crystal experience to the highest grade possible. Therefore, Crystal has so many devoted regular travellers and why it is so popular with the Sovereign clientele.
Crystal Cruises view of The Sovereign Cruise Club team is best summed up by Elaine Gillard, Crystal‘s Marketing Director, “Our relationship with Stefan and The Sovereign Cruise Club team is longstanding, and built on mutual respect, understanding and ultimately our love of luxury cruise. The team at Sovereign are fantastic at what they do - they take the time to understand your needs and match you with the right luxury cruise - whether that’s on a small boutique yacht; an epic expedition to your once in a lifetime destination; or a discovery of Europe‘s waterways on a river cruise. They also have first-hand experience of the ships they sell which is priceless when it comes to making sure your cruise is perfect. Huge thanks to Stefan and the team at Sovereign for their support of Crystal throughout the years - it’s always a genuine pleasure to work with you all.”
Since Crystal Harmony‘s maiden voyage in 1990, it has been the Crystal Cruises credo to continue to best itself with exceeding levels of service, space, quality and choices aboard its ocean ships. Sailing innovative global itineraries to virtually every corner of the earth, today, Crystal Symphony and Crystal Serenity offer travellers unforgettable vacation experiences highlighted by Crystal’s unique brand of personal touches and attention to detail.
The Crystal Symphony and Crystal Serenity are approximately half the size of mass-market mega-ships, yet large by luxury cruise ship standards. The two ships focus on considerable personal and public space throughout, with among the highest space and crew-to-guest ratios in the industry. Guest accommodations are appointed with plush amenities and state-of-the-art conveniences in all categories, with no inside staterooms and nearly all staterooms and Penthouses featuring private verandas.
In 2017, Crystal Symphony underwent her most comprehensive dry dock redesign in her history, which added more butler-serviced Penthouses and Penthouse Suites and effectively reduced her guest capacity to 848, thereby increasing the crew-to-guest ratio even further. The newly added Seabreeze Penthouse with Veranda and Seabreeze Penthouse Suite with Veranda occupy Deck 9, Seabreeze, and were converted from pre-existing veranda staterooms. The new accommodations boast the same square footage as existing Penthouses and Penthouse Suites.
In 2018, Crystal Serenity emerged from an extensive redesign with the addition of 36 new Seabreeze Penthouses and two Seabreeze Penthouse Suites on Deck 10, effectively reducing the ship's capacity from 1,070 guests to 980 guests. The new accommodations offer the same personal butler service, specialty services, walk-in closets, spa-like bathrooms and spacious square footage as the other Penthouses on board.
The freshest ingredients, a sublime ambiance and wide-ranging choices are at the heart of the extraordinary Crystal culinary experience. From elaborate multi-course feasts to casual small bites meant to be shared, Crystal Cruises‘ talented chefs showcase the ships’ global itineraries through artfully prepared Michelin-inspired cuisine in diverse venues throughout the ships. Virtually any dietary need or preference can be accommodated, from gluten- and sugar-free options to low-fat, allergy-friendly and vegetarian items in virtually every restaurant.
During her 2017 redesign, Crystal Symphony enjoyed a dining evolution, as brand-new restaurants and an open dining concept debuted, affording guests new choices of global cuisine and the freedom to dine at their leisure with more flexibility. Crystal Serenity followed suit during her 2018 makeover, with both ships now offering the following array of dining experiences:
• Waterside - Formerly the Crystal Dining Room and the main central dining venue on board, boasts chic décor and easy elegance, with added tables for two and four for more intimate dining. Waterside serves menus of classic specialties and modern twists on beloved favourites, elaborate desserts, and fine wines and premium spirits and cocktails. Remarkably, the venue never repeats a menu - even on the 100+day World Cruise - meaning fresh choices each day and evening for guests.
• Marketplace and Churrascaria - The daytime and evening options, respectively, that occupy what was formerly the Lido Café. Both venues feature an open kitchen concept with dishes made to order. Marketplace features a vast buffet style breakfast and lunch service, with omelette and waffle bar, fresh fruits and pastries in the mornings; soups, salad, carving station, hot entrees and variety of sandwiches for lunch. In the evening, the space is transformed to Churrascaria, a Brazilian-style grill with traditional tapas, ceviche, salads and grilled meats presented tableside by Crystal “gauchos” on sword-like skewers.
• Silk Kitchen & Bar - Situated adjacent to the Trident Grill on Lido Deck, this restaurant serves full-service lunch and dinner of modern Chinese comfort food. The family-style plates are ideal for sharing, with self-service options available for breakfast. Dumplings, Chinois salad, soup and noodle bar and other Asian favourites are available.
• Umi Uma & Sushi Bar - The rebranded specialty restaurant from Master Chef Nobu Matsuhisa (formerly Silk Road and The Sushi Bar) serves his signature inspired cuisine prepared by chefs personally trained by Nobu. Umi Uma remains the only Nobu restaurant at sea.
• Prego - Inspired by the famous cuisines of Venice and Rome, Prego is a charming and romantic spot for dining over Black Angus beef carpaccio, signature mushroom soup, and an array of handmade pastas. It is Stefan's favourite Italian restaurant on any luxury cruise ship.
• Trident Bar & Grill - The daytime grill with full bar serves breakfast options for late risers until 11:30, then transforms into a casual lunch and early evening venue, serving burgers, veggie and chicken sandwiches, hot dogs, tuna melts and gourmet pizzas. The adjacent ice cream bar (called Scoops on Crystal Serenity) is the go-to spot for sweets on demand, serving Ben & Jerry's ice cream and soft serve, with an array of toppings and freshly baked cookies.
• The Bistro - The European-inspired café is a centrally located, all-day hub for freshly brewed espresso drinks, variety of teas and wine, as well as an evolving selection of light breakfast and lunch options and pastries, and indulgent desserts in the evenings.
• Palm Court - This spacious spot is where guests can enjoy traditional afternoon tea with canapés in sunlit elegance, with sweeping views and floor-to-ceiling windows.
• The Vintage Room - Offered by reservation only and hosting just 12 or 14 guests (on Crystal Symphony and Crystal Serenity, respectively), the private dining room sets the scene for elaborate winemakers' dinners. Specially selected wines are paired perfectly with multiple courses for an extravagant dining adventure. The only non-inclusive dining option on board, Vintage Room dinners can be reserved for approximately $200 per person, depending on the wines featured.
• Stardust Supper Club (Crystal Serenity only) - A brand new dining experience reminiscent of the era of the Rat Pack debuts on black-tie-optional evenings in the Stardust Club, featuring a four-course menu, live musical performances from Crystal's Ensemble and string quartet. Cuisine reflects specialties served in Waterside, with wine pairings and desserts as well as a vegetarian menu.
Enrichment & Entertainment The Crystal Visions® Enrichment Program features popular speakers such as celebrated authors, guest chefs and renowned wine connoisseurs, high-level ambassadors and foreign diplomats, historians, television journalists, celebrities, and noted business and financial leaders, including experts from The Smithsonian Associates.
The Creative Learning Institute (CLI) is a partnership between Crystal Cruises and carefully selected, quality alliances to bring experts in their respective fields aboard to share their knowledge through a series of interactive classes. Such instruction includes varied art classes, keyboard lessons by Yamaha, language immersion with Berlitz, digital filmmaking from USC's School of Cinematic Arts filmmakers, and wellness seminars from the Cleveland Clinic and the Tai Chi Cultural Centre.
The spacious theatres and lounges on board Crystal ships present an array of entertainment that suits almost any preference or style including elaborate, Broadway-inspired production shows performed by the talented Crystal Ensemble in the Galaxy Lounge. Nightly live piano performances in Avenue Saloon create a more intimate atmosphere with cocktails and engaging performers, while big band and ballroom dancing takes place in the Starlite and Stardust Clubs. The Crystal Magicians at Sea program features magicians and comedians on every voyage.
Wellness at Sea Travelers can begin or maintain virtually any fitness regimen while vacationing aboard Crystal Cruises. Crystal ships boast spacious, expertly equipped Fitness Centres featuring the latest in TechnoGym equipment.
Why not treat yourself to a decadent and relaxing luxury cruise with Crystal Cruises and Sovereign? It would be the pleasure of one of our luxury cruise experts to plan your Crystal Cruise and as always, only Sovereign guarantees the very best fares on all Crystal Cruises.
To enter the competition, please enter your email address below to sign up and receive our luxury cruise offers. Please note that multiple entries will not be counted.